Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Rain or Shine Side Step Card

Hello!!

I've been busy making cards for various occasions!! Now I just need to remember to send them!!  :-)

I've been working on improving my blending and coloring skills for about a year with classes from Kit and Clowder. Alyce's classes are AWESOME and she is so encouraging and inspiring.  I just don't spend enough time practicing so not much has improved. I am seeing improvement in skin and hair(still room for improvement but isn't there always?). I'll go back and work on other classes with other skills as time permits!! This weekend I realized that I'm ok with that. Being so focused on blending, shading, etc... has  been holding me back from creating cards. With this card and several I will share over the next few days, I just colored for the sake of coloring and loved it!!


I used the Stamp Doctor Side Step Card Die to make the base of this card!! I have wanted to make these types of cards for a long time but have no patience for cutting them out. So when I found the die at The Stamp Doctor, I was so excited!!! 

The images are from Pretty Cute Stamps specifically the Rain or Shine!!



I used Sharpies to color these instead of my usual Copics. They were quick and easy!!!

I'd like to enter this in the following challenges - 

Artistic Inspiration - Just for Fun
Corrosive Challenge - Anything Goes
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!!




3 comments:

  1. This is a nice project! I just started the Kit and Clowder beginner class (The free one). I am coloring (???) challenged but I am practicing and it seems to be getting better all the time.
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, Owner
    613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog https://avenue613.blogspot.com
    A Place To Start Challenge blog
    https://hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet card with a heartfelt sentiment. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and goodluck, Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete